Monday, October 27, 2008

Monogamy - What's that?

When it comes to knitting and spinning variety is the spice of life. At least for me. Since this blog is Artsyfish Knits I guess I should post about my projects on the needles. At least active projects. We will not disturb the hibernating bears lurking in the yarn room.

My oldest active project is from last spring. What makes such an old project active? It's
intention. I do not intend to go near the hibernating and never to be spoken of again bits. This garment - the Notting Hill Vest in Donegal Tweed will be completed.

I just need to put it together, and finish. Finishing to be started tonight!

The next oldest knitting project is my Palette of Colors shrug using a combination of commercial (Lacy Lamb) and my handspun yarn.


I HAD to start it as soon as my yarn was finished! It was crying to jump on some needles. This was my first completed, usable handspun and was instrumental in the purchase of my spinning wheel.

Then there is Mystery Stole 4. I was going to just copy the clues as they came out and stash the pattern on my computer until I saw some finished Clues 1 and 2. Alas I am weak - I had to start it! I had yarn and beads in the stash that would work, so I dove into it.


The best intentions...

Finally, all the projects (except the Donegal Vest) were too complicated to take to S&B. So of course I had to start another. The Elizabeth Zimmerman Rib Warmer was my answer to that - but once started I found it would be way too small as written. So that was frogged for future pattern modifications, and I started the February Lady's Sweater again from the stash.

So far it's working out OK. I don't know how good it will be now that I am into the lace. Only time will tell!

Click on the pictures to find details in Ravelry. Not a member? Sign up here - so much fibery goodness (and enabling)!

No comments: